I am a general pulmonologist. I see many outpatients with lung problems ranging from routine to esoteric conditions — not just those related to cancer. These medical issues include asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, interstitial lung disease, sarcoidosis, and many others.
As a result of training and working at MSK for many years, my interests and expertise are in lung problems that occur in patients being treated for cancer. Many of the lung problems cancer patients experience may be directly related to a cancer, whether it starts in the lung or elsewhere in the body. It may also be related to the treatment patients receive for cancer. I am an expert in respiratory infections in patients with suppressed immune systems and also in dealing with pre- and postoperative pulmonary issues.
I am the program director for the pulmonary medicine fellowship, which is a two-year training program in general lung diseases for junior doctors who want to become specialists. Trainees in this program learn to take care of patients with all types of lung diseases. They also participate in research projects and are mentored by members of the Pulmonary Service. Many of these projects are related to lung problems in cancer patients.
- Clinical Expertise: Pulmonary Diseases; Pulmonary Disease Due to Cancer and its Treatment; Pulmonary Disease in the Immunocompromised Patient
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Massachusetts
- Residencies: North Shore University Hospital; Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; North Carolina Baptist Hospital/Bowman Gray School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Pulmonary Disease
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more