I am a medical oncologist with expertise in the treatment of pancreatic, hepatobiliary, and other gastrointestinal cancers. My research is focused on two areas: first, the discovery and implementation of biomarkers for the diagnosis of pancreatic cancer, and second, the development of more-effective treatments for pancreatic cancer.
- Clinical Expertise: Pancreatic, Hepatobiliary and other Gastrointestinal Malignancies.
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Johns Hopkins School of Medicine; MTR, University of Pennsylvania
- Residencies: University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
- Fellowships: University of Pennsylvania Medical Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Hewitt MR, Yu KH. Treatment update for metastatic pancreatic cancer. Community Oncology. 2006; 3(7) :428-30 .
Yu KH, Barry CG, Austin D, Busch CM, Sangar V, Rustgi AK, Blair IA. Stable isotope dilution multidimensional liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry for pancreatic cancer serum biomarker discovery. J Proteome Res. 2009; 8(3) :1565-76.
Rangiah K, Tippornwong M, Sangar V, Austin D, Tétreault MP, Rustgi AK, Blair IA, Yu KH. Differential secreted proteome approach in murine model for candidate biomarker discovery in colon cancer. J Proteome Res. 2009; 8(11) :5153-64.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Kenneth H. Yu
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Kenneth H. Yu
- A Phase I/II Study of M402 in Combination with Gemcitabine in Patients with Previously Untreated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase III Study Comparing Gemcitabine plus nab-Paclitaxel to Gemcitabine Alone After Pancreatic Cancer Surgery
- A Phase III Study of Capecitabine with Ruxolitinib or Placebo to Treat Advanced Pancreatic Cancer