I am a nuclear medicine physician who has extensive experience and broad expertise in therapeutic and diagnostic applications of nuclear medicine in oncology.
Read more Read less
My past clinical and research experience has been multifaceted, and includes combining the therapeutic and diagnostic components of nuclear medicine, which is referred to as theranostics. From the therapeutic perspective, my special expertise is in the development of peptide receptor radionuclide therapy (PRRT) of gut and lung neuroendocrine tumors, including special investigational and molecular translational analyses to facilitate their diagnosis and therapy. In addition, I have substantial experience with radioiodine therapy of differentiated thyroid cancer and hyperthyroidism. I also have expertise in the utilization of systemic radioimmunotherapy for loco-regional disease, brain tumors, ovarian carcinoma, and non-Hodgkin lymphoma.
In the diagnostic arena my expertise includes a broad range of diagnostic endocrine applications in nuclear medicine such as receptor scintigraphy, 68Ga-octreotide PET/TC, 18FDG-PET/CT in oncology, radio-immuno-scintigraphy, and sentinel node scintigraphy.
I am the author or co-author of more than 100 peer-reviewed publications, and serve on the editorial boards of several scientific journals including the Journal of Nuclear Medicine and the European Journal of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging.
- Clinical Expertise: Nuclear Medicine; Molecular Imaging and Targeted Radionuclide Therapy; PET
- Awards and Honors: Most Distinguished Italian Researcher Award, for clinical research activities on neuroendocrine tumors and multiple endocrine neoplasia, Italian Association of Neuroendocrine Tumors, NPO, (2012); "For Women by Women" Award, Italian Association for Neuroendocrine Tumors, NPO (2012); Award for the Scientific Contribution to the European Congress of Endocrinology (2013)
- Languages Spoken: English; Italian
- Education: MD, University of Pisa (Italy); PhD, Department of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging, University of Groningen (Netherlands)
- Residencies: School of Specialization in Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa (Italy)
- Fellowships: Nuclear Medicine Division, European Institute of Oncology (Milan, Italy)
- Board Certifications: Nuclear Medicine, University of Pisa (Italy)
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Lisa Bodei
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more