I am a board-certified radiation oncologist with particular clinical and research interest in genitourinary and gynecologic malignancies. We strongly believe in a multidisciplinary approach to these cancers in order to improve outcomes and reduce toxicity of therapy. My colleagues and I use sophisticated radiation technology — including image-guided brachytherapy, intensity-modulated radiation therapy (IMRT) and image-guided radiation therapy (IGRT) — to optimize therapeutic outcomes while minimizing normal tissue toxicity.
Read more Read less
My primary interests include the integration of brachytherapy into the management of genitourinary and gynecologic cancers. Brachytherapy allows the delivery of high doses of radiation directly to tumors with only a minimal dose to normal surrounding tissue such as the bladder and rectum. In addition, I am particularly interested in bladder-preserving strategies using combined-modality approaches as an alternative to radical cystectomy for select patients with bladder cancer. My colleagues and I have developed a novel approach to radiation therapy for bladder cancer using IGRT in this setting.
- Clinical Expertise: Prostate, Bladder, and Testicular Cancers; Gynecologic Cancers; Palliative Radiation Therapy
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Sackler School of Medicine
- Residencies: Radiation Oncology - Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Board Certifications: Radiation Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Marisa A. Kollmeier
- A Phase I Study of Radiation Therapy to the Prostate and the Dominant Prostate Lesion
- A Phase II Study of ARN-509, Abiraterone Acetate, Leuprolide, and Hypofractionated Radiation Therapy in Men with Very High-Risk Prostate Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Stereotactic Body Radiation Therapy Alone and with Degarelix in Men with Intermediate-Risk Prostate Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more