I am a pulmonologist with decades of experience in diagnosing and treating patients who suffer from lung conditions and complications caused by cancer and its treatment. In addition to seeing patients with a variety of pulmonary diseases in our outpatient clinics, I consult on inpatient cases throughout the hospital. I also perform procedures such as thoracentesis, catheter placement in the pleural space, and bronchoscopy. I am also experienced in performing endobronchial ultrasound to diagnose lymph nodes in the chest.
I have participated in research to evaluate patient tolerance to varying levels of chemotherapy, radiation therapy, and other forms of cancer treatment. I am also very involved in training our distinguished group of fellows.
I am also the Director of the Pulmonary Function Laboratory, which performs a full range of tests including routine testing as well as cardiopulmonary exercise tests and bronchoprovocation challenges. The pulmonary function laboratory at MSK is one of the busiest labs in the country.
- Clinical Expertise: Pulmonary Disease in the Immunocompromised Patient; Pulmonary Complications of Cancer and Therapy; Pulmonary Complications Associated with HIV Infection; Photodynamic Therapy; Cardiopulmonary Exercise Testing
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, New York University School of Medicine
- Residencies: Beth Israel Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Pulmonary Disease; Critical Care Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more