I am a medical oncologist and physician trained in both internal medicine and general medical oncology who specializes in the care of people with melanoma and gastrointestinal cancers. I work closely with a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists, nurses and other specialists to provide the best care for our patients and their families. My practice is located at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s regional site in West Harrison, New York.
Read more Read less
My research focuses on the development of blood biomarkers for melanoma patients whose tumor carries a specific mutation that can serve as a measure of how much melanoma is in the body. I have been fortunate to have my research supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology. In addition, I am interested in improving therapeutic strategies for the treatment of both melanoma and gastrointestinal cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Malignancies; Melanoma
- Languages Spoken: English; Farsi
- Education: MD, McGill Faculty of Medicine
- Residencies: Dermatology - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College; Internal Medicine - Harvard University/Brigham and Women's Hospital
- Fellowships: Hematology/Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more