I am a board-certified medical oncologist who treats patients with a variety of solid cancers, with special interests in gastrointestinal and prostate cancer, as well as hematological malignancies, including lymphoma and chronic lymphocytic leukemia. I actively participate in conferences with other Memorial Sloan Kettering experts in these fields.
Prior to joining the medical team at the Sleepy Hollow network site as a full-time member in 1997, I trained and worked at the Center’s Main Campus in Manhattan as an academic oncologist. Since my appointment as chief of medical oncology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center Sleepy Hollow, my focus has been to assure that the same quality cancer care given at the Center’s Main Campus is offered at our regional network sites.
To that end, we offer a multidisciplinary approach using the most recent advances in radiation and medical oncology, utilizing state-of-the-art chemotherapy, hormonal, and monoclonal antibody therapy. We have access to all the resources and expertise of the main campus. As part of our research efforts, we are actively enrolling patients into a limited but growing number of clinical protocols. In addition, we offer a warm, intimate environment in which doctors and nurses interact with support staff and local physicians to take care of the medical, social, nutritional, and psychological needs of our patients.
- Clinical Expertise: General Medical Oncology, with special interests in Hematologic Malignancies (Hodgkin Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia [CLL], Multilple Myeloma); Gastrointestinal Malignancies (Gastric, Colorectal, Hepatobiliary, Pancreas); Genitourinary Malignancies (Bladder, Prostate)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, New York Medical College; PhD, Columbia University
- Residencies: Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.