I am a board-certified medical oncologist and hematologist specializing in the treatment of patients with hematological malignancies, including lymphoma, multiple myeloma, myelodysplasia, and chronic lymphocytic leukemia, and am also a member of the MSK Lymphoma Service’s disease management team. In addition, I also treat patients with cancers of the gastrointestinal tract, such as colorectal, pancreatic, and bile duct cancer, as well as patients with prostate cancer. I actively participate in medical management conferences with other MSK experts in these fields, including surgery and radiation oncology, to discuss treatment options tailored to each patient.
I serve as Chief of Medical Oncology at MSK Sleepy Hollow. My focus is to provide the same high-quality standard of care that is followed across the MSK system. Prior to joining MSK Sleepy Hollow in 1997, I trained and worked at MSK’s Manhattan location, where I have proudly been a member of the staff since 1989.
We offer a multidisciplinary approach utilizing the most recent advances in radiation and medical oncology; state-of-the-art chemotherapy; and hormonal and immunologic therapy. Research is also a priority at MSK, and we are actively enrolling patients into a growing number of clinical protocols. Our research staff helps us evaluate whether our patients qualify and should enroll in clinical trials.
At MSK Sleepy Hollow, we offer a warm, friendly, intimate environment that is convenient for patients who live in the Westchester and Hudson Valley areas. All the doctors and nurses interact with support staff and local physicians to take care of the medical, social, nutritional, and psychological needs of our patients. We spend time with our patients and their families and work as a team to formulate the best plan of care for our patients that includes the latest advances. As part of the MSK system for the last 25 years, it is my greatest pleasure to work with a top-notch group of professionals to bring quality MSK cancer care close to home for many people.
- Clinical Expertise: General Medical Oncology, with special interests in Hematologic Malignancies (Hodgkin Lymphoma, Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma, Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia [CLL], Multilple Myeloma); Gastrointestinal Malignancies (Gastric, Colorectal, Hepatobiliary, Pancreas); Genitourinary Malignancies (Bladder, Prostate)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, New York Medical College; PhD, Columbia University
- Residencies: Mount Sinai Medical Center (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.