I am a medical oncologist who works as part of a multidisciplinary team to treat people with genitourinary malignancies in a compassionate and professional environment. My primary clinical focus is caring for patients with bladder cancer (urothelial carcinoma) and testicular cancer (germ cell tumors).
Read more Read less
I am also focused on improving the existing treatment options for my patients. I develop cancer clinical trials involving agents designed to make the patient’s immune system recognize and fight his or her own cancer. My research also includes understanding the interaction between the immune system and bladder and testicular cancers, and using this interaction to help predict tumor aggressiveness and to develop new therapies.
- Clinical Expertise: Genitourinary Malignancies; Bladder Cancer: Testicular Cancer (Germ Cell Tumors)
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, Emory University
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Samuel A. Funt
- A Phase II Study of Durvalumab and Tremelimumab for Metastatic Non-Transitional Cell Urinary Tract Cancer
- A Phase II Study of Durvalumab and Tremelimumab Immunotherapy to Treat Persistent or Recurrent Germ Cell Tumors
- A Phase III Study of Atezolizumab Immunotherapy and Chemotherapy Individually and Together for Untreated Advanced Bladder Cancer
- A Study of Presurgical Atezolizumab Immunotherapy with Gemcitabine and Cisplatin in Patients with Muscle-Invasive Bladder Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Samuel A. Funt
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more