I am a medical oncologist who specializes in caring for people with prostate cancer and other genitourinary malignancies. I am part of a multidisciplinary group — including colleagues in surgery, radiation oncology, radiology, and palliative care — that aims to offer patients an individualized care plan appropriate for their needs. I am also part of a large research effort at MSK that is focused on understanding the biology of prostate cancer and on bringing new therapies to patients in the form of clinical trials. As a member of the Developmental Therapeutics Center, I conduct early clinical trials using novel drugs that are targeted to specific biological processes across different types of cancer.
- Clinical Expertise: Prostate cancer; Clinical trials
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residencies: Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Medical Oncology; Internal Medicine
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Wassim Abida
- A Phase I Study of Ascending Doses of AZD6738 in Combination with Chemotherapy and/or Novel Anticancer Agents
- A Phase I Study of AZD0156 and Other Anticancer Drugs in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of ZEN003694 in Men with Advanced Prostate Cancer
- A Phase I Study of ZEN003694 plus Enzalutamide in Men with Metastatic Castration-Resistant Prostate Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Wassim Abida
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more