This information explains how to communicate with your healthcare team at Memorial Sloan Kettering (MSK).
Sending Messages on MyMSK
MyMSK (my.mskcc.org) is your secure, personalized patient portal. When you log into MyMSK, you can use it to view test results, appointment dates and times, and communicate with your healthcare providers. MyMSK is also known as the patient portal.
MyMSK is the best way to electronically communicate with your healthcare team. MyMSK protects your private information by sending information securely. Portal messages are reviewed by a member of your healthcare team each business day (Monday through Friday).
To enroll in MyMSK, please contact your healthcare provider’s office or the MyMSK Help Desk at my.mskcc.org or call 646-227-2593. You can also watch our video How to Enroll in the Patient Portal: MyMSK.
Please ask for our MyMSK brochure at your next office visit. It has all the information you need to use MyMSK.Back to top
When You Should Call Your Healthcare Provider’s Office
There are times when electronic communication isn’t recommended. Here are some general guidelines to follow when deciding between contacting your healthcare team through MyMSK or calling your healthcare provider’s office directly.
|Send a message through MyMSK:||Call your healthcare provider’s office:|
Things to Consider
- Just like information you share in other ways, your healthcare provider may need to share your messages with other staff in order to help answer your question. This may delay their response. They may consult with:
- Your doctor(s)
- A nurse
- A clinical dietitian nutritionist
- A pharmacist
- Office staff
- Electronic communication (such as MyMSK messages and emails) with your healthcare team may become an official part of your medical record.
- Electronic communication will only be reviewed on business days.
- If you don’t get a response to your message within 2 business days, call your healthcare provider’s office.
- If you send a message that your healthcare team thinks shouldn’t be answered over MyMSK, they may call you to discuss the matter further.