This information explains follow-up care after treatment for thoracic cancer at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK).
One or 2 years after your treatment ends, you may join the Thoracic Cancer Survivorship Program. This program is designed to provide specialized care to address all of your needs after treatment ends.
Survivorship Nurse Practitioner
A survivorship nurse practitioner (NP) will care for you in the program. Your survivorship NP is an expert in survivorship care and a member of your thoracic cancer team. He or she will help you continue your recovery from the physical and emotional effects of cancer and its treatment, as well as monitor you for the late effects of treatment, signs of cancer recurrence (the cancer returning), or the development of a second cancer. Your survivorship NP will work closely with your treatment team and will provide you, your primary care doctor, and other healthcare providers with a treatment summary and survivorship care plan. If needed, he or she will discuss your care with your doctor.Back to top
During Your Visits
During a survivorship visit, your NP will:
- Perform a physical exam and review your medical history.
- Review the results of your computed tomography (CT) scan.
- Identify, evaluate, and manage any long-term or late physical or emotional effects of cancer and its treatment.
- Discuss methods to prevent new health problems and make recommendations related to nutrition, exercise, complementary therapies (e.g., acupuncture, touch therapy, mind-body therapies), and counseling.
- Recommend appropriate cancer screening.
After each follow-up visit, your survivorship NP will continue to update your other healthcare providers.Back to top
Resources for Survivors
Our Resources for Life After Cancer (RLAC) Program offers social support, education, and counseling for patients who have finished treatment. For more information, call 646-888-8106 or go to: www.mskcc.org/cancer-care/survivorship/services-survivorsBack to top
If you have any questions or concerns, talk with a member of your healthcare team. You can reach them Monday through Friday from 9:00 am to 5:00 pm at ____________________. After 5:00 pm, during the weekend, and on holidays, please call____________________. If there’s no number listed, or you’re not sure, call 212-639-2000.