You may have many questions if your care team recommends surgery for colon cancer. This checklist is a good place to start. You may want to print this and bring it to your doctor.
- What surgery do you recommend for me and why?
- Will I need other treatments before or after surgery?
- How long will I be in the hospital?
- When will I know the results of my surgery?
- What are the risks and side effects I might experience? Will any of them be long-term?
- Will I be able to go back to normal activities?
- Can I receive follow-up care at MSK’s locations in New Jersey, on Long Island, or in Westchester County?