Department of Radiology Observership Program
The Observer Program in the Department of Radiology at Memorial Sloan Kettering gives US-based, and international radiologists the opportunity to visit for the purpose of observing the daily clinical and non-clinical activities in the department. The program is offered for a period ranging from one day to three months The primary focus of this program is for participants to gain insight into the use of multimodality imaging (ultrasound, CT, MRI, PET) in the management of patients with cancer. In addition, we offer many educational activities, which include a case library, live and recorded didactic lectures, case management presentations and multidisciplinary disease management team conferences. Observer programs are available in the following services: Body Imaging, Breast Imaging, Molecular Imaging and Therapy, Neuroradiology, and Interventional Radiology. The program can be tailored to suit individual interests including specific modalities and specialties. Subspecialty expertise and disease management teams exist in all oncologic subspecialties, including: genitourinary, gynecologic, gastrointestinal, hepatopancreatobiliary, thoracic, musculoskeletal, pediatrics, melanoma, and hematology (lymphoma, myeloma bone marrow transplant).
Applicants must have completed training and be a practicing physician, PhD, or DDS with a hospital affiliation.
- Photo identification
- Curriculum Vitae (in English)
- Statement of Educational Goals for observership
- Letter of reference from current employer (must be printed on letterhead and dated within 6 months of observership start)
- Attestation of health clearance signed by current employer
- Signed copy of Guidelines for Clinical Observers
- Payment of Clinical Observer Fee according to length of Observership
Additional information for International Observers
- Two-month maximum duration
- No US exams (e.g. USMLE etc) required
- No work permit/workVISA required (Visa sponsorship not provided by MSKCC)
- Travel, housing, food, stipends and/or allowances will not be provided
For additional information or to apply, contact Farah Awwad ([email protected]).