SK-MEL-28 is one of a series of melanoma cell lines established from patient-derived tumor samples. This cell line expresses mutant B-Raf (V600E) and wildtype N-Ras. It is also able to form tumors in nude mice.
This cell line was established from an axillary lymph node of a 51-year-old male of unknown ethnicity.
- Lloyd J. Old, MD, former William E. Snee Chair in Cancer Immunology, Memorial Sloan Kettering; former Director, New York Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
- Toshitada Takahashi, MD, formerly at Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Carey TE et al. (1976) Cell surface antigens of human malignant melanoma: mixed hemadsorption assays for humoral immunity to cultured autologous melanoma cells. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences 73: 3278-3282 (PubMed ID: 1067619)
- Xing F et al. (2012) Concurrent loss of the PTEN and RB1 tumor suppressors attenuates RAF dependence in melanomas harboring (V600E) BRAF. Oncogene 31(4):446-457 (PubMed ID: 21725359)
- Fogh J, Fogh JM, Orfeo T (1977) One hundred and twenty-seven cultured human tumor cell lines producing tumors in nude mice. J Natl Cancer Inst Jul;59(1):221-6 (PubMed ID: 327080)
This cell line may be licensed nonexclusively for research or commercial purposes.
For internal research purposes by a commercial entity: Utilize MSK’s Express License, available here. In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. Please note: This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one.
To proceed, please download this contract, fill in all relevant fields, and email a scanned version to Alexandra Buga at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and invoice, and can then place your order with ATCC.
For licensing requests for a commercial purpose: Contact Alexandra Buga, MS, MBA, Licensing Associate, Office of Technology Development, MSK, 646-888-1078, email@example.com.
For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Contact Frances Weis-Garcia, PhD, Associate Laboratory Member/Head, Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility, MSK, 646-888-2354, firstname.lastname@example.org.