SK-N-BE(2) is a neuroblastoma cell line that displays MYCN amplification. These cells have moderate dopamine-b-hydroxylase activity and low-choline acetyltransferase activity. The SK-N-BE(2) cells are known to form tumors in immunocompromised mice.
This cell line was established in 1972 from a metastatic site (bone marrow) in a two-year-old Caucasian male with malignant neuroblastoma.
- June L. Biedler, PhD, former Chairman, Cell Biology and Genetics Program, Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Barbara A. Spengler, formerly at Sloan Kettering Institute, Memorial Sloan Kettering
- Biedler JL et al. (1976) A novel chromosome abnormality in human neuroblastoma and antifolate-resistant Chinese hamster cell lines in culture. Journal of the National Cancer Institute 57: 683-695 (PubMed ID: 62055)
- Biedler JL et al. (1978) Multiple neurotransmitter synthesis by human neuroblastoma cell lines and clones. Cancer Research 38: 3751-3757 (PubMed ID: 29704)
- Veas-Perez De Tudela M et al. (2010) Human neuroblastoma cells with MYCN amplification are selectively resistant to oxidative stress by transcriptionally up-regulating glutamate cysteine ligase. Journal of Neurochemistry 113: 819-825 (PubMed ID: 20180881)
This cell line may be licensed nonexclusively for research or commercial purposes.
For internal research purposes by a commercial entity: Utilize MSK’s Express License, available here. In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. Please note: This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one.
To proceed, please download this contract, fill in all relevant fields, and email a scanned version to Alexandra Buga at email@example.com. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and invoice, and can then place your order with ATCC.
For licensing requests for a commercial purpose: Contact Alexandra Buga, MS, MBA, Licensing Associate, Office of Technology Development, MSK, 646-888-1078, firstname.lastname@example.org.
For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Contact Frances Weis-Garcia, PhD, Associate Laboratory Member/Head, Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility, MSK, 646-888-2354, email@example.com.