SK-RC-26b is a metastatic renal cancer cell line derived from the lymph node.
This is cell line is part of a collection of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell lines derived from metastatic sites of patients who underwent surgery.
This cell line was established from a 58-year-old male of unknown ethnicity with renal cell carcinoma.
All cell lines were established in Dr. Lloyd Old’s laboratory, from patients undergoing nephrectomy at Memorial Hospital, MSK, between the years 1972 and 1987. Fresh surgical specimens were obtained from Tumor Procurement Services, Department of Surgical Pathology, Memorial Hospital, MSK.
Lloyd J. Old, MD, former William E. Snee Chair in Cancer Immunology, MSK; former Director, New York Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and members of the Old Laboratory
- Brodaczewska K et al. (2016) Choosing the right cell line for renal cell cancer research. Molecular cancer, 15(1), 83. (PubMed ID: 27993170)
- Ebert T et al. (1990) Establishment and characterization of human renal cancer and normal kidney cell lines. Cancer research, 50(17), 5531-5536. (PubMed ID: 2386958)
- Gurova K et al. (2004) p53 pathway in renal cell carcinoma is repressed by a dominant mechanism. Cancer research, 64I(6), 1951-1958. (PubMed ID: 15026329)
- Express License: For internal research purposes by a for-profit entity: Utilize MSK’s Express License, see here for fillable PDF. In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. Please note: This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one. To proceed, please fill in all relevant fields and send it to [email protected]. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and payment instructions; all payments up to $10,000 must be made by credit card.
- Commercial License: Contact MSK’s Tangible Research Materials team at [email protected].
- For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Contact MSK’s Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility at [email protected].
- RRID: CVCL_3120