SK-RC-28 is a primary renal clear cell adenocarcinoma cell line derived from the kidney which grows in soft agar.
This cell line is from a collection of renal cell carcinoma (RCC) cell lines derived from the primary tumors of patients who underwent surgery.
This cell line was established from a 51-year-old female of unknown ethnicity with renal cell carcinoma.
All cell lines were established in Dr. Lloyd Old’s laboratory, from patients undergoing nephrectomy at Memorial Hospital, MSK, between the years 1972 and 1987. Fresh surgical specimens were obtained from Tumor Procurement Services, Department of Surgical Pathology, Memorial Hospital, MSK.
Lloyd J. Old, MD, former William E. Snee Chair in Cancer Immunology, MSK; former Director, New York Branch, Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research, and members of the Old Laboratory
- Ebert T et al. (1990) Establishment and characterization of human renal cancer and normal kidney cell lines. Cancer research, 50(17), 5531-5536. (PubMed ID: 2386958)
- Gnarra J et al. (1994) Mutations of the VHL tumour suppressor gene in renal carcinoma. Nature genetics, 7(1), 85-90. (PubMed ID: 7915601)
- Houghton A et al. (1983) Detection of cell surface and intracellular antigens by human monoclonal antibodies. Hybrid cell lines derived from lymphocytes of patients with malignant melanoma. The journal of experimental medicine, 158(1), 53-65. (PubMed ID: 6864164)
- Mattes M et al. (1984) Cell surface antigens of human ovarian and endometrial carcinoma defined by mouse monoclonal antibodies. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 81(2), 568-572. (PubMed ID: 6582512)
- Ueda R. et al. (1981) Cell surface antigens of human renal cancer defined by mouse monoclonal antibodies: identification of tissue-specific kidney glycoproteins. Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences of the United States of America, 78(8), 5122-5126. (PubMed ID: 6946460)
- Express License: For internal research purposes by a for-profit entity: Utilize MSK’s Express License, see here for fillable PDF. In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. Please note: This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one. To proceed, please fill in all relevant fields and send it [email protected]. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and payment instructions; all payments up to $10,000 must be made by credit card.
- Commercial License: Contact MSK’s Tangible Research Materials team at [email protected].
- For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Contact MSK’s Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility at [email protected].
- RRID: CVCL_6184