I am an oncologist who specializes in treating people with multiple myeloma. The increase in new treatments in the past several years makes this a very exciting time for me and other specialists who care for people with this disease. Our team offers patients the highest-quality care as well as the newest treatments through clinical trials. These research studies will improve care and increase the chance of a good outcome for all of our patients.
My research work involves developing innovative ways to use the immune system to treat cancer. We are conducting clinical studies of medicines that enhance the immune response as well as laboratory studies aimed at understanding how cancers such as multiple myeloma are able to evade the immune response. We hope to develop new ways to treat our patients through these studies and through laboratory research.
- Clinical Expertise: Multiple Myeloma; Immunotherapy
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Columbia University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology; Hematology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Alexander M. Lesokhin
- A Phase I Study of Immunotherapy with GWN323 Alone and with PDR001 in Patients with Advanced Cancers and Lymphomas
- A Phase I Study of Nivolumab (BMS-936558) Immunotherapy in Patients with Relapsed or Refractory Hematologic Cancers
- A Phase I Study of TTI-621Immunotherapy in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Blood Cancers
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Alexander M. Lesokhin
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more