I am a board-certified medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of patients with gastrointestinal cancers, particularly colorectal and appendix cancer, and those with peritoneal mesothelioma. I specialize in both systemic chemotherapy and regional chemotherapy given directly into the liver or the peritoneal cavity. My research focus is on the development of new therapies for patients, including molecular-based therapies to improve the outcomes for patients with metastatic disease.
- Clinical Expertise: Colorectal Cancer; Peritoneal Mesothelioma
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, New York Medical College
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Andrea Cercek
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Andrea Cercek
- A Phase II Study of Hepatic Arterial Infusion with Floxuridine and Dexamethasone plus Systemic Gemcitabine and Oxaliplatin in Patients with Inoperable Intrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma
- Chemotherapy Alone or with Radiation Therapy for Treating Patients with Locally Advanced Rectal Cancer Undergoing Surgery
- ICARuS (Intraperitoneal Chemotherapy After cytoReductive Surgery): A Phase II Study of Early Post-Operative Abdominal Chemotherapy versus Heated Abdominal Chemotherapy for Cancers of the Appendix, Colon, or Rectum that Have Spread to the Abdominal Lining
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more