I am a board-certified medical oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with gastrointestinal cancers and cancers of unknown primary origin. I collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, pathologists, radiologists, and other specialists to provide the best treatment and personalized care for each patient.
Read more Read less
In my research I focus on finding better treatment strategies and therapies for patients with cancers of unknown primary origin as well as developing new treatments for patients with gastrointestinal cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Malignancies; Cancer of Unknown Primary Origin
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Case Western Reserve University
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Anna M. Varghese
- A Phase I Study of Galunisertib and Durvalumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase I Study of LY3023414 in Patients with Advanced Cancer
- A Phase IB/II Study of BMS813160 Immunotherapy plus Chemotherapy or Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Colorectal Cancer or Pancreatic Cancer
- A Phase II Study of siG12D LODER plus Chemotherapy for Previously Untreated Inoperable Pancreatic Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Anna M. Varghese
- A Phase I Study of MVT-5873 Alone or with Chemotherapy in Patients with Pancreatic Cancer and Other CA19-9 Positive Tumors
- A Phase III Study of Olaparib versus Placebo as Maintenance Therapy in Patients with BRCA-Mutated Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer with Stable Disease after Platinum-Based Chemotherapy
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more