I am a physician who specializes in the diagnosis and treatment of infectious diseases. Part of my work involves research into the effects of chemotherapy and antibiotics on the intestinal flora of patients with weakened immune systems. I am also interested in studying the mechanisms that allow bacteria living in our bodies to become resistant to commonly used antibiotics with the goal of developing strategies to combat the emergence of this resistance.
- Clinical Expertise: Infectious Diseases
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, National University of Colombia
- Residencies: St. Luke's-Roosevelt Hospital Center (New York)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more