I am a neuro-oncologist who cares for patients with brain tumors and neurologic complications of cancer. I work with a multidisciplinary team of physicians, nurses, and administrative staff to provide patients and their families with the best possible care.
I specialize in adult primary brain tumors, including glioblastomas, anaplastic gliomas, low-grade gliomas, meningiomas, and ependymomas as well as metastases to the nervous system from cancers outside the brain. I am particularly interested in primary central nervous system lymphoma (PCNSL) and am currently conducting basic research to uncover genetic abnormalities in PCNSL to better understand and treat this disease.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-oncology; Adult Primary Brain Tumors; Central Nervous System Lymphoma; Brain Metastases; Leptomeningeal Metastasis; Neurological Complications of Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English; German
- Education: MD, RWTH Aachen Medical School (Germany)
- Residencies: University Hospitals Case Medical Center (Cleveland)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Neurology; Neuro-oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Christian Grommes
- A Phase I Study of Pomalidomide in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Primary Central Nervous System Lymphoma or Primary Vitreoretinal Lymphoma
- A Phase I/II Study of Ibrutinib in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Central Nervous System (CNS) Lymphoma
- A Phase II Study of Buparlisib in Patients with Recurrent or Persistent Central Nervous System (CNS) Lymphoma