- Clinical Expertise: Melanoma; Merkel Cell Carcinoma; Squamous Cell Carcinoma; Basal Cell Carcinomas; Sweat Gland Tumors
- Awards and Honors: David and Monica Gorin Award of Courage Fellow, Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (2017-2018)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Mount Sinai School of Medicine
- Residencies: Surgery – Yale University School of Medicine
- Fellowships: Surgical Oncology – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: General Surgery
Bello, DM, Panageas KS, Hollmann TJ, Shoushtari AN, Chapman P, Postow MA, Callahan MK, Wolchok JD, Brady MS, Coit D, Ariyan CE. Outcomes of Patients with Metastatic Melanoma Selected for Surgery After Immunotherapy. Plenary presentation at the 71st Annual Meeting of the Society of Surgical Oncology, March 21-24, 2018,Chicago, IL.
Bello DM, Ariyan CE. Adjuvant Therapy in the Treatment of Melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2018 Jul;25(7):1807-1813.
Bello DM, Han G, Jackson L, Bulloch K, Ariyan S, Narayan D, Rothberg BG, Han D. The Prognostic Significance of Sentinel Lymph Node Status for Patients with Thick Melanoma. Ann Surg Oncol. 2016 Dec;23(Suppl 5):938-945.
Bello DM, Chou JF, Panageas KS, Brady MS, Coit DG, Carvajal RD, Ariyan CE. Prognosis of acral melanoma: a series of 281 patients. Ann Surg Oncol. 2013 Oct;20(11):3618-25.
Bello DM, Smyth E, Perez D, Khan S, Temple LK, Ariyan CE, Weiser MR, Carvajal RD. Anal versus Rectal Melanoma: Does Site of Origin Predict Outcome? Dis Colon Rectum. 2013 Feb; 56(2):150-7.
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicare and New York State Medicaid also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more