I am a board-certified medical oncologist whose primary focus is treating patients with neuroendocrine, colorectal, pancreas, biliary, and other gastrointestinal cancers. I work very closely with a team of surgeons, oncologists, and radiation therapists to provide the best treatment and care for each patient with these diseases. My research initiatives include developing methods to integrate molecular-based therapies into the treatment of neuroendocrine tumors, as well as designing and conducting clinical trials to better our treatment strategies for our patients with this uncommon cancer type. It was for this work that I was honored to receive a Young Investigator Award from the American Society of Clinical Oncology (ASCO) in 2008, and the North American Neuroendocrine Tumor Society Young Investigator Award in 2009.
Read more Read less
At a national level, I am a member of the National Cancer Institute neuroendocrine tumor task force and the Neuroendocrine Tumor Biospecimen Consortium. These cooperative groups comprise a group of experts from around the world working to develop clinical trials and unravel the mechanisms that cause the development of neuroendocrine tumors.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Oncology; Neuroendocrine Tumors; Colon, Pancreas, Gall Bladder, and Bile Duct Tumors
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2017)
- Languages Spoken: English; Spanish
- Education: MD, SUNY Downstate at Brooklyn
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Mount Sinai Hospital
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology/Hematology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Medicine - Weill Cornell Medical College
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Diane Reidy Lagunes
- A Phase II Study of Oral LEE011 and Everolimus in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Neuroendocrine Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Advanced Adrenocortical Cancer
- A Phase III Study of Lanreotide Autogel/Depot versus Placebo in Patients with Metastatic or Inoperable Lung Neuroendocrine Tumors
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Diane Reidy Lagunes
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more