I am a neuro-oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with brain tumors and the neurologic complications of cancer. I work together with neurosurgeons and radiation oncologists to provide the highest quality medical treatment and supportive care for patients with gliomas and glioblastomas, primary central nervous system lymphomas (brain and spinal cord), ependymomas, and other types of brain tumors. Together with my colleagues in the Memorial Sloan Kettering Counseling Center, I perform clinical research about quality of life, symptom management, and patient-physician communication for patients with brain tumors.
Read more Read less
I also participate in an interdisciplinary effort at Memorial Sloan Kettering to treat and study patients with histiocytic disorders such as Erdheim-Chester disease and Langerhans cell histiocytosis. My colleagues on this team include Drs. Raajit Rampal, David Hyman, and Mario Lacoutoure.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-Oncology; Adult Brain Tumors; Histiocytosis
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residencies: Neurology - Brigham and Women's Hospital/Massachsuetts General Hospital
- Fellowships: Neuro-Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Neurology; Neuro-oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Eli L. Diamond
- A Phase II Study of Cobimetinib in Patients with Histiocytic Disorders
- A Phase III Study of Armodafinil versus Placebo to Reduce Cancer-Related Fatigue in Patients with High-Grade Glioma
- A Pilot Study Assessing a Special PET Scan to Help Guide the Biopsy of Histiocytic Disorders
- A Study of Memory, Thinking, and Brain Imaging in Adults with Histiocytosis
- Coping with Glioblastoma: A Study of Communication between Physicians, Patients, and Caregivers
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more