I am a board-certified dermatologist who specializes in Mohs micrographic, dermatologic, and laser surgery. (Mohs micrographic surgery is an advanced surgical technique to precisely remove skin cancers while preserving the surrounding healthy tissue.) My expertise includes management of basal cell and squamous cell carcinoma, early-stage melanoma, and rare skin tumors in high-risk patients. My goal is to provide patients with a multidimensional and compassionate treatment approach while best preserving their quality of life. I am also experienced in noninvasive modalities such as dermoscopy, confocal microscopy, and photodynamic therapy.
My research interest is in cutaneous oncology. I am interested in understanding the patients’ perceptions of skin cancer to improve and optimize the delivery of treatment and long-term management. I am also involved in research utilizing state-of-the art technologies for advanced margin control in surgery. I actively participate in the education of residents and medical students, and I have co-authored several book chapters and journal articles.
- Clinical Expertise: Mohs Micrographic Surgery, Dermatologic Surgery; Laser Surgery; Non-Melanoma Skin Cancer; Basal Cell and Squamous Cell Carcinoma; Early-stage Melanoma; Detection and Prevention of Skin Cancers in High-Risk Patients; Skin Cancers in Transplant Patients
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Stony Brook University Medical School
- Residencies: Dermatology - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical College
- Fellowships: Dermatologic Surgery - New York University Langone Medical Center/Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Dermatology
Lee EH and Nehal KS. Mohs Micrographic Surgery. UpToDate 2011.
Lee EH, Nehal KS, Disa JJ. Benign and premalignant skin lesions. Plastic & Reconstructive Surgery 2010; 125(5) :188e-198e
Lee EH and Granstein RD. Neuroimmunology; in Clinical and basic Immunodermatology (Gaspara and Tyring SK, eds). Springer-Verlag, New York, 2008.
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more