I am an Attending Physician on the Gastroenterology and Nutrition Service, and Director of the GI Endoscopy unit at Memorial Hospital. I am also a Professor of Clinical Medicine at Weill Medical College of Cornell University. My areas of interest include the precancerous condition Barrett’s esophagus, endoscopic methods of screening for and early detection of cancer, and endoscopic approaches to palliating symptoms of advanced cancer.
I have conducted research in endoscopic ultrasonography for the staging of upper and lower gastrointestinal cancers and pancreatic cancer. I have also conducted clinical trials in methods of treating the symptoms of gastrointestinal cancers, including laser and photodynamic therapy, feeding and drainage gastrostomy and jejunostomy tubes, and the use of stents to alleviate the symptoms associated with cancers obstructing the esophagus, stomach, bile duct, small and large intestine.
I graduated from Cornell University Medical College and subsequently did a residency in internal medicine at The New York Hospital, followed by specialty training in gastroenterology at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center. I am board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastroenterology; Gastrointestinal Cancers; Endoscopic Ultrasound; Endoscopic Laser Therapy; Biliary Tract and Pancreas Endoscopy; Endoscopic Gastrostomy and Jejunostomy; Photodynamic Therapy
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2007-2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Cornell University Medical College
- Residencies: The New York Hospital/Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Gastroenterology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more