I am a board-certified medical oncologist specializing in the care of patients with lung cancer. As a member of our multidisciplinary team that includes surgeons and radiation oncologists, I am dedicated to providing compassionate care to my patients and creating comprehensive treatment plans that are tailored to their needs and goals.
By performing molecular testing on lung cancers, we have the ability to look for specific gene mutations and personalize the treatment for each patient based on the results of these tests. I have a special interest in the use and development of newer, targeted therapies as treatment for lung cancers.
I also conduct research aimed at advancing the treatment of lung cancer so that patients can live longer and have a better quality of life. My clinical research focuses on the treatment of patients with lung cancers that have identifiable mutations, and I oversee our clinical research program for patients with EGFR-mutant lung cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Helena A. Yu
- A Phase I Study of ASP8273 in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer and EGFR Mutations
- A Phase I Study of Ramucirumab or Necitumumab plus Osimertinib in Patients with Persistent Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase I/II Study of Osimertinib and Bevacizumab to Treat Patients with EGFR-Mutant Lung Cancers
- A Phase Ib Study of AZD9291 as Part of Combination Therapy in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer which Has Continued to Grow Despite EGFR-Targeting Therapy
- A Pilot Study of Erlotinib plus Local Treatment for Lung Adenocarcinoma that Has Spread to Multiple Sites
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Helena A. Yu
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more