I am a board-certified medical oncologist specializing in the care of patients with lung cancer. As a member of our multidisciplinary team that includes surgeons and radiation oncologists, I am dedicated to providing compassionate care to my patients and creating comprehensive treatment plans that are tailored to their needs and goals.
Read more Read less
By performing molecular testing on lung cancers, we have the ability to look for specific gene mutations and personalize the treatment for each patient based on the results of these tests. I have a special interest in the use and development of newer, targeted therapies as treatment for lung cancers.
I also conduct research aimed at advancing the treatment of lung cancer so that patients can live longer and have a better quality of life. My clinical research focuses on the treatment of patients with lung cancers that have identifiable mutations, and I oversee our clinical research program for patients with EGFR-mutant lung cancers.
- Clinical Expertise: Lung Cancer; Targeted Therapies for Lung Cancer; Clinical Trials
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Hospital of the University of Pennsylvania
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Helena A. Yu
- A Phase I Study of DS-1205c and Osimertinib for Patients with EGFR-Mutant Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase I Study of TNO155 to treat Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of U3-1402 to Treat EGFR-Mutant Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer
- A Phase I/II Study of Osimertinib and Bevacizumab to Treat Patients with EGFR-Mutant Lung Cancers
- A Phase I/II Study of Trametinib plus Erlotinib in Patients with Erlotinib-Resistant Lung Adenocarcinoma
- A Phase Ib Study of AZD9291 as Part of Combination Therapy in Patients with Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer which Has Continued to Grow Despite EGFR-Targeting Therapy
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more