I am a board-certified endocrinologist and internist, and I treat patients with thyroid cancer. I am the Chief of the Endocrinology Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering, which has a tradition of excellence in both basic and clinical research in thyroid cancer, and in the care of patients with the disease.
Many patients with thyroid cancer can be successfully treated with surgery, and sometimes no further treatment is necessary. About a quarter of patients, though, have frequent recurrences. Since coming to Memorial Sloan Kettering, I have focused my research efforts on finding new treatments for patients with more-advanced thyroid cancer and more-aggressive forms of the disease.
My research is dedicated to understanding the genetic basis and the biology of thyroid cancers, and identifying potential targets for new molecular-based therapies for these diseases.
- Clinical Expertise: Thyroid cancers
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Buenos Aires School of Medicine (Argentina)
- Residencies: Rawson Hospital (Buenos Aires, Argentina); Horton General Hospital, Hammersmith, Middlesex and West Middlesex Hospitals (London, UK)
- Fellowships: Hospital Italiano (Buenos Aires); VA Wadsworth Medical Center (Los Angeles); Cedars-Sinai Medical Center (Los Angeles)
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine: Endocrinology and Metabolism
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more