I am a neuro-oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with brain tumors and the neurologic complications of cancer. I work alongside a multidisciplinary team of neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, nurses, and research staff to achieve the highest quality of care in the treatment of primary brain tumors (including gliomas, glioblastomas, ependymomas, and meningiomas) and primary central nervous system lymphoma, as well as brain metastases.
With the support of my colleagues at Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Brain Tumor Center, I am also involved in several clinical trials in an effort to develop novel approaches to treating patients with newly diagnosed and recurrent brain tumors.
Read more Read less
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-Oncology; Adult Brain Tumors (Glioblastoma, Glioma, and Ependymoma); Central Nervous System Lymphoma (Brain and Spinal Cord); Brain Metastases
- Languages Spoken: English; Greek
- Education: MD, Columbia University
- Residencies: Neurology - Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Neuro-Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Neurology; Neuro-Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Mariza Daras
- A Phase II Study Comparing Higher-Dose with Standard-Dose Radiotherapy for Glioblastoma
- A Phase II Study of a Genetically Modified Virus plus Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy to Treat Recurrent Glioblastoma and Gliosarcoma Brain Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Abemaciclib for Patients with Recurrent Glioblastoma
- A Phase II Study of Abemaciclib in Patients with Breast Cancer, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, or Melanoma that Has Spread to the Brain
- A Phase II Study of Temozolomide and Radiation Therapy with Nivolumab Immunotherapy or a Placebo in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
- A Phase III Study of Radiation Therapy with Temozolomide or Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Mariza Daras
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more