I am a neuro-oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with brain tumors and the neurologic complications of cancer. I work alongside a multidisciplinary team of neurosurgeons, radiation oncologists, nurses, and research staff to achieve the highest quality of care in the treatment of primary brain tumors (including gliomas, glioblastomas, ependymomas, and meningiomas) and primary central nervous system lymphoma, as well as brain metastases.
With the support of my colleagues at Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Brain Tumor Center, I am also involved in several clinical trials in an effort to develop novel approaches to treating patients with newly diagnosed and recurrent brain tumors.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuro-Oncology; Adult Brain Tumors (Glioblastoma, Glioma, and Ependymoma); Central Nervous System Lymphoma (Brain and Spinal Cord); Brain Metastases
- Languages Spoken: English; Greek
- Education: MD, Columbia University
- Residencies: Neurology - Duke University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Neuro-Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Neurology; Neuro-Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Mariza Daras
- A Phase Ia/b Study of FPA008 plus Nivolumab Immunotherapy to Treat Persistent Glioblastoma
- A Phase II Study Comparing Higher-Dose with Standard-Dose Radiotherapy for Glioblastoma
- A Phase II Study of Abemaciclib in Patients with Breast Cancer, Non-Small Cell Lung Cancer, or Melanoma that Has Spread to the Brain
- A Phase III Study of Radiation Therapy with Temozolomide or Nivolumab Immunotherapy in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Glioblastoma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Mariza Daras
- A Phase II Study of Targeted Therapies for Meningiomas with Specific Genetic Mutations
- A Pilot Study of Meclofenamate to Treat Cancer that Has Spread to the Brain
- A Pilot Study of Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy in Patients with Recurrent Glioblastoma Who Need Surgery
- A Pilot Study of Pembrolizumab Immunotherapy to Treat Recurrent Hypermutated Glioma
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more