I am a medical oncologist who specializes in the treatment of sarcomas of soft tissue and bone, Kaposi’s sarcoma, and melanoma. My research is focused on the development of new drugs, including targeted small molecules and antibodies, to treat these diseases. In particular, I study new drugs that block pathways and proteins critical for cancer growth such as the cell cycle pathway in liposarcoma, the Aurora kinase proteins in soft tissue sarcoma, and the Notch pathway in melanoma. My research includes work in HIV-associated Kaposi’s sarcoma in concert with the AIDS Malignancy consortium. My goal is to find newer, more-effective, and less-toxic therapies to improve the lives of people living with cancer.
- Clinical Expertise: Sarcomas of Soft Tissue and Bone; Kaposi’s Sarcoma; Melanoma
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Columbia University
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Hematology/Oncology - Memorial Sloank Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Hematology; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Mark A. Dickson
- A Phase I Study of Nivolumab and Ipilimumab Immunotherapy for Advanced HIV-Related Solid Tumors
- A Phase IB Study of Gemcitabine and Docetaxel with Olaratumab in Patients with Advanced Soft Tissue Sarcoma
- A Phase II Study of Abemaciclib for Dedifferentiated Liposarcoma
- A Phase II Study of ABI-009 to Treat PEComa
- A Phase II Study of Efatutazone versus Placebo for Previously Treated Inoperable Myxoid Liposarcoma
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Mark A. Dickson
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more