I am a board-certified medical oncologist, Chief of the Medical Oncology Service at Memorial Sloan Kettering Basking Ridge, and a member of the MSK Lymphoma Service. My colleague sand I work to ensure a world-class collaborative environment at MSK Basking Ridge, bringing the medical expertise, access to cutting-edge clinical research, and specialized cancer care of MSK to our New Jersey community.
I have specialized in the care of patients with Hodgkin’s disease and non-Hodgkin lymphoma (NHL) for more than a decade as an integral member of the Lymphoma Service in the Division of Hematologic Oncology. I have served as the Director of our outpatient lymphoma clinics at MSK’s main location in Manhattan and continue to lead our innovation efforts at both MSK Basking Ridge and our 64th Street location. I also care for patients in both Manhattan and Basking Ridge.
My clinical research interests have focused on developing novel therapies and dedicated treatment programs for older patients with lymphoma, addressing the complex interplay between aging and a cancer diagnosis. As part of a multidisciplinary MSK team that cares for patients age 65 and older, I have worked to develop new treatment strategies for older patients with diffuse large B-cell, mantle cell, and Hodgkin lymphoma. Ongoing research efforts are developing new screening tools to identify patients at increased risk for treatment side effects and clinical trials specifically aimed at addressing the needs of the older patient population. We have as our shared goal the development of effective risk-adapted therapies to minimize the side effects of treatments while maximizing their effectiveness.
As a clinical researcher, I have been the principle investigator (PI) or co-PI of more than 30 clinical trials. My work continues to explore novel biologic and immunotherapeutic agents for the treatment of both NHL and Hodgkins, with phase I and II trials focused on new antibody combinations, antibody drug conjugates, immunotoxins, and small molecule inhibitors.
- Clinical Expertise: Diffuse large B cell lymphoma in the elderly; antibody drug conjugates; non-Hodgkin lymphoma; Hodgkin’s Disease; mantle cell lymphoma
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, SUNY Downstate School of Medicine
- Residencies: NYU Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Paul A. Hamlin
- A Comprehensive Assessment to Predict Side Effects from Chemotherapy and an Evaluation of Pre-Phase Chemotherapy in Older Patients with Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I Study of MT-3724 for the Treatment of Relapsed B-cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase I Study of PRT062070 in Patients with Persistent or Recurrent Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia, Small Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia, or B-Cell Non-Hodgkin Lymphoma
- A Phase II Study of Brentuximab (SGN-35) Given Before and After Adriamycin, Vinblastine, and Dacarbazine Therapy in Older Adults with Untreated Hodgkin Lymphoma
- Ofatumumab with or without Bendamustine for Patients with Mantle Cell Lymphoma Who Cannot Have an Autologous Stem Cell Transplant