I am a urologic oncological surgeon known for my academic work in kidney tumor surgery. My expertise includes partial nephrectomy, removing only the tumor using small “miniflank” incisions while preserving maximal kidney function, and cytoreductive radical nephrectomy for patients with advanced kidney cancers. I also lead a kidney tumor surgical research team at Memorial Sloan Kettering that has created nomograms predicting survival and renal functional outcomes.
- Clinical Expertise: Urologic Oncology; Kidney Cancer; Bladder Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
- Residencies: Washington University Medical Center (St. Louis)
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center; Sloan Kettering Institute
- Board Certifications: Urology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more