I am a hematology-oncology physician who specializes in the treatment of leukemia and myeloproliferative diseases (MPDs). I am dedicated to providing my patients with the best possible care, taking into account the individual needs of each patient and his or her family.
As well, I am an active researcher whose focus is the development of new and innovative approaches to treating MPDs and leukemia. I am working to understand the genetic events that contribute to the development and progression of leukemia and MPDs in the hope of developing new targeted therapies for patients with these diseases. I am also studying the thrombotic events that can occur in patients with MPDs in order to understand why they occur, and how to treat and prevent them. Through these efforts, I am committed to improving outcomes for patients with these diseases.
- Clinical Expertise: Myeloproliferative Neoplasms; Acute and Chronic Leukemia; Myelodysplastic Syndrome
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, PhD Molecular and Cellular Biology, Stony Brook University
- Residencies: University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Raajit K. Rampal
- A Phase I Study of Ruxolitinib and Decitabine in Patients with Myeloproliferative Neoplasms in Accelerated or Blast Phase
- A Phase Ib Study of MEK162 plus BYL719 in Patients with Persistent Acute Myeloid Leukemia or Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- A Phase III Study Comparing Pegylated Interferon Alfa-2a (PEGASYS) with Hydroxyurea in Patients with High-Risk Essential Thrombocythemia or Polycythemia Vera
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Raajit K. Rampal
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more