I am a surgeon with more than 18 years of experience in caring for people with bladder cancer, kidney cancer, and prostate cancer. I specialize in both traditional open surgery and minimally invasive surgical techniques. My practice is located at Memorial Hospital in Manhattan, as well as Memorial Sloan Kettering Basking Ridge and MSK Monmouth, in New Jersey.
I was drawn to a career in medicine after losing my mother to kidney disease at a young age. During medical school, I wanted to become a kidney transplant surgeon, but when I observed the urologists during my residency, I realized that was my passion. Having a personal connection to my work motivates me to do everything I can for my patients.
When a patient comes in for an appointment, I spend a lot of time reviewing their medical history and diagnosis with them. This is especially true for people who are seeking a second opinion. It’s important that people feel well informed so that they can make the best possible decisions about their care. By the time the appointment is over, I hope my patients feel they have a thorough understanding of their disease, and that I’ll always be available to help guide them through this complex time.
- Clinical Expertise: Open and Robotic Surgery for Prostate Cancer, Kidney Cancer, and Bladder Cancer
- Awards and Honors: Top Doctor, New Jersey Monthly Magazine (2014-2016); Vitals, Patients' Choice Award; Member, American Urological Association
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Columbia University
- Residencies: General Surgery - University of Chicago Hospitals; Urology - University of Chicago Hospitals
- Fellowships: Urologic Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Urology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more