I am a medical oncologist with a clinical practice that is devoted solely to the care of patients with breast cancer. My research activities are focused on the clinical development of new therapies for the treatment of breast cancer, with a particular emphasis on evaluating targeted biological anticancer agents. Currently, I am involved in phase I and phase II clinical trials to evaluate novel anti-HER2 therapies. Additional information about these clinical trials is available on Memorial Sloan Kettering’s website.
Read more Read less
I work closely with nurse practitioner Danielle Alleva. We combine our expertise to provide comprehensive care to our patients at every step of their cancer journey.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Alberta
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - University of Alberta; Medical Oncology - Cross Cancer Institute
- Fellowships: Breast Cancer Research - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Shanu Modi
- A Phase I Study of DS-8201A in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of LJM716, BYL719, and Trastuzumab in Women with Metastatic HER2-Positive Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of SGN-LIV1A in Women with Metastatic Breast Cancer
- A Phase II Study of DS-8201A in Patients with HER2-Positive Inoperable or Metastatic Breast Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Shanu Modi
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more