I am a medical oncologist with a clinical practice that is devoted solely to the care of patients with breast cancer. My research activities are focused on the clinical development of new therapies for the treatment of breast cancer, with a particular emphasis on evaluating targeted biological anticancer agents. Currently, I am involved in phase I and phase II clinical trials to evaluate novel anti-HER2 therapies. Additional information about these clinical trials is available on Memorial Sloan Kettering’s website.
- Clinical Expertise: Breast Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Alberta
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - University of Alberta; Medical Oncology - Cross Cancer Institute
- Fellowships: Breast Cancer Research - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Shanu Modi
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Shanu Modi
- A Phase I Study of Immunotherapy with Genetically Engineered T Cells (CAR T Cells) for Advanced Breast Cancer
- A Phase I Study of PU-H71 in Patients with Advanced Cancer
- A Phase IB Study of Abemaciclib plus Hormonal Therapy in Women with Hormone Receptor-Positive, HER2-Negative Metastatic Breast Cancer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more