As a neuropathologist, my work involves studying tissue samples of the brain and spinal cord taken during surgery in order to diagnose and classify tumors. Making a precise diagnosis requires using observations we make at the microscope, as well as information from molecular genetic assessments. This process is critical for predicting how a tumor is likely to behave and helps to guide treatment decisions.
Read more Read less
I am also a molecular genetic pathologist and work alongside my colleagues in the diagnostic molecular pathology lab to detect genetic changes in cancer.
My research interests include searching for recurrent molecular alterations in difficult to classify primary brain tumors. We are specifically looking for those with possible diagnostic, therapeutic, or prognostic significance. I am proud to collaborate with the dedicated scientists and clinicians of the Brain Tumor Center at Memorial Sloan Kettering. Our goal is to discover and develop effective brain tumor therapies.
- Clinical Expertise: Neuropathology; Molecular Pathology
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD-PhD, Stony Brook University School of Medicine
- Residencies: Anatomic Pathology - Brigham and Women’s Hospital
- Fellowships: Neuropathology - Brigham and Women’s Hospital/Boston Children’s Hospital/Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital; Molecular Genetic Pathology - Harvard Medical School
- Board Certifications: Anatomic Pathology; Neuropathology; Molecular Genetic Pathology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more