I am a medical oncologist with clinical expertise in the diagnosis and treatment of women with gynecologic malignancies.
My research focuses on improving the treatment options for women with recurrent ovarian cancer. We are developing new agents that target blood vessels (angiogenesis) and regulate the immune system. Our goal is to develop more effective agents with fewer side effects.
In addition, I have a special interest in treating our older patients, and in studying the effects of aging on their tolerance to chemotherapy and surgery.
- Clinical Expertise: Gynecologic Cancer (Ovarian, Uterine, Cervical); Clinical Trials
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Rochester School of Medicine and Dentistry
- Residencies: New York University Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by William P. Tew
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more