This 17-hour online program prepares licensed acupuncturists to safely care for cancer patients experiencing treatment symptoms and side effects. Participants will learn how cancer is detected, treated, and managed, and will receive specifics on the management of lymphoma and leukemia as well as cancer of the breast, colon and rectum, lung, prostate, and other parts of the body. The course explains current research into using acupuncture as a pain- and symptom-management method and describes how acupuncturists can work in the hospital setting and which needling techniques are optimal.
Acupuncturists complete this course with the knowledge and skills to:
- define cancer and the common surgical and therapeutic interventions used to treat it
- identify common physical and emotional side effects of cancer diagnosis and treatment
- understand the overall role of acupuncture in cancer patient pain management
- develop appropriate, safe, and effective treatment plans for cancer patients
- perform optimal acupuncture techniques for cancer patients
- assess patients and their chart information
- practice acupuncture as part of a medical team in a hospital setting
18 NCCAOM CEU points; 18 CE Hours, California Acupuncture Board
This course is open to licensed or certified acupuncturists.
Our Integrative Medicine Service enlists Bridge, a native cloud Learning Management System, to offer a unique engagement platform to host our online courses. Bridge’s intuitive design and mobile platforms will allow you to complete your course on your mobile phone, tablet, or laptop.
Once your payment of the course fee is processed successfully, you will receive a receipt from MSK sent directly to the email account you entered during registration. Within 48 hours, the Integrative Medicine Education Coordinator will upload your name, email, and course selection into Bridge. Once completed, you will receive an email from Bridge containing a link to access the Bridge app. You will be asked to create a username and password to establish your personal Bridge account. Every time you wish to watch a lecture, you will return to the Bridge app and enter the username and password you created.
For questions and assistance with the registration process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.