Experts in Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center’s Integrative Medicine Service provide comprehensive support to people undergoing treatment for cancer, regardless of their condition or stage of their illness. We believe that using evidenced-based complementary therapies can in many cases help control the physical and emotional effects that people commonly experience before, during, and after mainstream cancer treatments.
We offer MSK patients access to individual therapies and group classes as well as a variety of other services, and can help guide you in deciding which integrative medicine approaches are most likely to help you.
However, you don’t need to be an MSK patient or family member to take advantage of our programs. Our Bendheim Integrative Medicine Center is open to everyone. We believe complementary therapies have something to offer all, from MSK patients and caregivers to members of the community and people receiving cancer care elsewhere.
Expertise in Integrative Medicine
Our team of physicians, therapists and teachers with Integrative Medicine can help you, among other things:
- improve muscle strength, balance, and endurance
- lessen chemotherapy-induced nausea, vomiting, and dry mouth
- control headache, insomnia, appetite loss, and lymphedema
- promote relaxation and help relieve pain and muscle tension
- alleviate fatigue, anxiety, depression, and stress
- increase breath control and respiratory function
- manage swallowing difficulties
- teach about herbs, vitamins, and other dietary supplements
- enhance well-being and facilitate positive lifestyle changes
Members of our senior faculty, who include world-renowned experts in the practice of integrative oncology, conduct research examining the value of complementary therapies for specific problems and train other physicians and therapists from around the world in integrative medicine practices.
To schedule an integrative medicine physician consultation, please call 646-888-0845.