Postdocs are strongly encouraged to apply for funding opportunities during their training. Recognizing the importance of funding to a postdoc’s career, MSK provides extensive support for postdocs searching and applying for fellowships.
MSK’s Grants and Contracts team is available to help postdocs locate funding opportunities and submit applications. The many services they provide include the following:
- advising on potential funding sources and interpretation of Requests for Applications (RFAs)
- preparing and reviewing budgets
- reviewing and editing project narratives
- submitting completed applications
- negotiating with external funding agencies
- setting up systems in compliance with applicable policies and regulations
Additional grantsmanship resources and classes are offered frequently by faculty and the Office of Postdoctoral Affairs.