Main Entrance – Inpatient Hospital
New Patient Appointments
Request an Appointment
Overview of Memorial Sloan Kettering
Our main building on Manhattan’s Upper East Side is home to many of our services. At our inpatient hospital, we monitor our patients, give different types of treatment, and perform surgery. The Pediatric Day Hospital, where we pioneered outpatient cancer care for our youngest patients, is next to our children’s inpatient and intensive care units. The building also contains doctors’ clinics, imaging services, and an urgent care center for patients who need immediate care.
At Memorial Sloan Kettering, we care for people with all types of cancer, from the most common to the most rare. We offer the following services for adults and children:
- Inpatient surgery in 28 state-of-the-art operating rooms
- Innovative cancer treatments, including chemotherapy, immunotherapy, and other infusions; internal and external radiation; and cutting-edge clinical trials
- Inpatient and outpatient care specially designed for children and young adults
- Minimally invasive image-guided therapies, including interventional radiology
- State-of-the-art imaging services, including ultrasound, MRI, CT, and PET scans
- Round-the-clock care at our 13-bed outpatient Urgent Care Center
- A retail pharmacy where you can fill and refill specialty prescriptions
- Convenient access to a blood donation center where family, friends, and caregivers can donate blood or platelets to our patients
At Memorial Sloan Kettering, doctors, nurses, and other specialists work together on treatment teams for each patient. This means that your care team is highly experienced in caring for people with the type of cancer you have. In addition to your medical care, your team will also develop a plan to care for your total well-being, including support for your family and loved ones.
For most cancers, your treatment will be led by one or more primary doctors. These could include a medical oncologist, a surgical oncologist, a radiation oncologist, and, for some cancers, an interventional radiologist. Each of these doctors brings a defined set of expertise and techniques for treating cancer.
Visiting Memorial Sloan Kettering
Parking for Memorial Sloan Kettering is located on East 66th Street between First and York Avenues:
- Follow York Avenue south and turn right onto East 66th Street. The garage is located about a quarter of a block from the corner, on the right (north) side of 66th Street.
- The cost of parking in this garage is reduced for all MSK visitors.
- You do not need to validate parking.
The garage remains open 24 hours a day, seven days a week, even when it has no more space for arriving vehicles, which means that you may have to wait for a space to become available. This practice often results in a line forming onto York Avenue southbound between the hours of and A parking staff member will tell you about the estimated wait time and about alternate parking garages in the neighborhood during these periods.
You can also park in one of several nearby commercial garages:
- 67th Street between First and York Avenues, on the left (south) side of the street
- 69th Street between First and Second Avenues (four garages available)
- 65th Street between First and Second Avenues (three garages available)
Our goal is to make your visit to MSK as comfortable and convenient as possible. We’ve compiled helpful information about MSK, including accommodations, our cafeteria, inpatient room service, and our visitor’s policy, to help you and your caregivers navigate our locations.