Tissue of Origin: Colon
Cancer Type: Colon Carcinoma
SK-CO-15 is a human colon cancer cell line.
This cell line was established from a colon metastasis in a person with colon carcinoma.
- Lloyd J. Old, MD, former William E. Snee Chair in Cancer Immunology, MSK; former Director of the Ludwig Institute for Cancer Research
- Kenneth O. Lloyd, formerly of Cell Culture, Antibody, and Biochemistry Core, Sloan Kettering Institute, MSK
Le Bivic A., Real F.X., Rodriguez-Boulan E. Vectorial targeting of apical and basolateral plasma membrane proteins in a human adenocarcinoma epithelial cell line. Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. U.S.A. 86:9313-9317(1989) (PubMed ID 2687880).
This cell line may be licensed nonexclusively for research or commercial purposes.
- Express License: For internal research purposes by a for-profit entity: Fill out MSK’s Core Express License; see here for links to the online fillable Core Express License, as well as a PDF version. For detailed guidance on how to fill out this webform, see here. Please note: In order to streamline and expedite the licensing of select MSK cell lines, the terms of this non-exclusive license are non-negotiable. This license is only available for select cell lines, including this one. Once this license has been executed by MSK, you will receive a signed copy and payment instructions; all payments up to $10,000 must be made by credit card.
- Commercial License: Contact MSK’s Tangible Research Materials team at [email protected].
- For non-licensing requests from academic-research institutions: Contact MSK’s Antibody & Bioresource Core Facility at [email protected].