I am a board-certified medical oncologist specializing in the treatment of patients with genitourinary cancers. My primary expertise is in testicular cancer (a germ cell tumor) and kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma). My research is focused on 1)developing new drugs or new drug combinations for testicular cancer and kidney cancer; 2) characterizing and preventing the long-term toxicities of treatment for testicular cancer (heart disease, metabolic syndrome, other cancers); and 3) identifying molecular features within germ cell tumors that predict sensitivity or resistance to chemotherapy and overall patient outcomes (in collaboration with the laboratory of Dr. Raju Chaganti).
I have presented my research and lectured at national and international meetings. I published a paper in the Journal of the American Medical Association, on the treatment of advanced testicular cancer and the associated short- and long-term toxicities. I was the recipient of the John Mendelsohn Housestaff Teaching Award for 2005-2006 for the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Clinical Expertise: Genitoruinary malignancies with a focus on testicular cancer (germ cell tumors) and kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma)
- Awards and Honors: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2014; 2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Residencies: New York University School of Medicine
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Darren R. Feldman
- A Phase II Study of Brentuximab Vedotin to Treat Recurrent or Persistent Germ Cell Tumors
- A Phase II Study of Paclitaxel/Ifosfamide/Cisplatin versus Bleomycin/Etoposide/Cisplatin in Patients Newly Diagnosed with Advanced Germ Cell Tumors
- A Phase II Trial of Everolimus and Bevacizumab in Advanced Non-Clear Cell Renal Cell Cancer
- A Phase III Study Comparing Conventional-Dose Chemotherapy with High-Dose Chemotherapy for Persistent or Recurrent Germ Cell Tumors
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more