I am a board-certified medical oncologist specializing in the treatment of patients with genitourinary cancers. My primary expertise is in testicular cancer (a germ cell tumor) and kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma). My research is focused on 1)developing new drugs or new drug combinations for testicular cancer and kidney cancer; 2) characterizing and preventing the long-term toxicities of treatment for testicular cancer (heart disease, metabolic syndrome, other cancers); and 3) identifying molecular features within germ cell tumors that predict sensitivity or resistance to chemotherapy and overall patient outcomes (in collaboration with the laboratory of Dr. Raju Chaganti).
Read more Read less
I have presented my research and lectured at national and international meetings. I published a paper in the Journal of the American Medical Association, on the treatment of advanced testicular cancer and the associated short- and long-term toxicities. I was the recipient of the John Mendelsohn Housestaff Teaching Award for 2005-2006 for the Department of Medicine at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center.
- Clinical Expertise: Genitoruinary malignancies with a focus on testicular cancer (germ cell tumors) and kidney cancer (renal cell carcinoma)
- Awards and Honors: Castle Connolly: New York Magazine Top Doctors (2014; 2016, 2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Maryland School of Medicine
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - New York University School of Medicine; Internal Medicine - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowships: Oncology/Hematology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Read more Read less
Clinical Trials Led by Darren R. Feldman
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Darren R. Feldman
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more