I am a medical oncologist who specializes in research in and treatment of patients with genitourinary malignancies, including bladder, prostate, kidney, and testis cancers. I also have a special interest in understanding the genetic basis for bladder cancer and am a member of Memorial Sloan Kettering’s Bladder Cancer Oncogenome Project, a multidisciplinary effort to discover the key genetic abnormailities that drive this disease. The discovery and understanding of these genetic abnormalities hold the promise of novel treatments for patients with bladder cancer.
- Clinical Expertise: Bladder Cancer; Other Genitourinary Malignancies
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Vanderbilt University School of Medicine
- Residencies: University of Michigan Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by Gopa Iyer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Gopa Iyer
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more