I am a surgeon who specializes in using minimally invasive techniques to treat colon cancer, rectal cancer, and appendiceal cancer. I have special expertise in helping my patients preserve important aspects of day-to-day life, such as bowel, bladder, and sexual function. I work with my colleagues in medical oncology, radiation oncology, pathology, radiology, and supportive services. We provide customized treatment plans to each of our patients. I am privileged to be part of a team of experts dedicated to helping people return to their normal lives as quickly as possible.
Read more Read less
My research is focused on developing better methods for treating patients before, during, and after colorectal surgery. A big focus of this work is to improve and speed up our patients’ recoveries. I am also interested in using computational biology techniques to identify prognostic biomarkers for colorectal cancer. These markers can help inform a patient’s likely cancer outcome.
Patients and their caregivers are often overwhelmed by a new diagnosis of cancer. They are required to confront potential medical implications and many complex treatment options, as well as how these things will affect their lives and the lives of those around them. Our goal as a team is to help guide patients so they feel empowered and supported throughout this challenging time.
- Clinical Expertise: Colon Cancer; Rectal Cancer; Minimally Invasive Surgical Approaches; Preservation of Bowel, Bladder, and Sexual Function in Rectal Cancer Patients
- Awards and Honors: Michael E. Burt Award for Clinical Excellence (2017)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Michigan
- Residencies: General Surgery – University of Michigan
- Fellowships: Complex General Surgical Oncology – Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Surgery; Complex General Surgical Oncology
As home to one of the world’s top cancer research centers, Memorial Sloan Kettering is typically involved in more than 900 clinical trials at a given time. Currently, clinical trials focused on the conditions I treat are enrolling new patients. If you’re interested in joining a clinical trial, click to learn about the trial’s purpose, eligibility criteria, and how to get more information.Learn more
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more