I am a board-certified medical oncologist who specializes in the care of patients with liver, gallbladder, pancreas, and other gastrointestinal cancers. My primary goal is to provide the best possible treatment and individualized care for patients with these diseases. To realize this goal, I work closely with a multidisciplinary team of surgeons, radiation oncologists, and other medical professionals who specialize in the diagnosis and treatment of gastrointestinal malignancies.
I engage in clinical research aimed at finding new effective therapies for these cancers, particularly primary liver tumors. My research initiatives include the development of innovative ways to use a patient’s own immune system to fight cancer and new strategies to block specific cellular pathways critical for cancer growth. My research has been supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Malignancies; Hepatobiliary Cancers; Pancreatic Cancer
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, Albert Einstein College of Medicine
- Residencies: NewYork-Presbyterian Hospital/Weill Cornell Medical Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Led by James J. Harding
- A Phase I Study of ADI-PEG 20 plus FOLFOX in Patients with Advanced Digestive Cancers
- A Phase I Study of CB-839 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I Study of Oral CLR457 in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase Ib Study of Ramucirumab plus LY2875358 in Patients with Advanced Cancer
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by James J. Harding
- A Phase I Study of AZD5363 in Patients with Solid Tumors Who Have AKT1 and PI3KCA Mutations
- A Phase I Study of DS-3032B in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumors or Lymphomas
- A Phase I Study of VS-5584 in Patients with Lymphoma or Advanced Solid Tumors
- A Phase I/II Study of TKM-080301in Patients with Advanced Liver Cancer
- A Phase IB Study of Dalantercept plus Sorafenib in Patients with Advanced Liver Cancer
- A Phase II Study of ENMD-2076 in Patients with Fibrolamellar Liver Cancer