My expertise as a physician is in the use of radiopharmaceuticals for the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of disease. I serve patients through clinical work and research. My clinical role is the providing of state-of-the-art care in nuclear medicine, including positron emission tomography, radioiodide therapy, and radioimmunotherapy. In research, targeted imaging for targeted therapy is my general subject of study; imaging the pharmacokinetics and biomolecular pharmacodynamics of targeted anti-tumor agents promises to revolutionize patient selection, dose selection, and tumor monitoring, serving as tools to tailor cancer care to the individual.
The Society of Nuclear Medicine gave me the 2006 Alavi-Mandell Award for my published research on positron emission tomography and cardiovascular disease.
- Clinical Expertise: Nuclear Oncology; Nuclear Cardiology; Positron Emission Tomography; Radioiodide Therapy
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: DO, Michigan State University College of Osteopathic Medicine
- Residencies: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Fellowships: Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Nuclear Medicine
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Mark Dunphy
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more