I am a medical oncologist whose clinical practice is devoted to caring for people with neuroendocrine tumors, colorectal cancer, pancreatic cancer, and other gastrointestinal cancers. I am part of a team of experts from different areas including surgeons, radiation therapists, and other specialists who share my goal of providing compassionate patient care. We work together to determine the best treatment plan for our patients.
My research focuses on identifying new therapies for people with neuroendocrine cancers, a rare group of tumors that often begin in the body’s digestive organs. In addition, I am studying ways to improve our understanding of how neuroendocrine tumors change at the genetic level, both over time and as a result of different treatments. The goal of this work is to better personalize our care for people fighting these cancers. My research has been recognized and supported by the American Society of Clinical Oncology.
- Clinical Expertise: Gastrointestinal Oncology; Gastrointestinal Neuroendocrine Tumors; Colorectal Cancer; Appendiceal Cancer; Pancreatic Cancer; Gallbladder & Bile Duct Cancers; Adrenal Tumors
- Awards and Honors: American Society of Clinical Oncology Young Investigator Award (2015); American Society of Clinical Oncology Merit Award in Gastrointestinal Cancers (2016)
- Languages Spoken: English
- Education: MD, University of Michigan Medical School
- Residencies: Internal Medicine - Johns Hopkins Hospital
- Fellowships: Medical Oncology - Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center
- Board Certifications: Internal Medicine; Medical Oncology
Research is integral to our mission at Memorial Sloan Kettering, and clinical trials help us discover better forms of patient care and treatment. For you, this could mean access to a new therapy or therapy combination. Click to see a list of the trials I’m currently leading.
Clinical Trials Co-Investigated by Nitya Raj
Most major health insurers offer plans that include MSK as one of their in-network providers. If MSK is in-network, it means all our doctors are too. Medicaid and New York State Medicare also provide benefits for care at MSK.Learn more